Ed Bockelman

Writer, BrightOutlook.com
G'day! I blog about having a bright outlook.

Well-researched internet guides

Finding quality information online is difficult.  Finding comprehensive information is hard.  Finding both in one place, optimized for easy understanding and application is nearly impossible.

Which is why I was so excited to discover Julian Shapiro's free internet guides to:

Writing well
Growing a startup
Building muscle

Each of these is a masterwork of scientifically verified, easy-to-understand information.  This guy is a master writer and researcher.  (Julian.com)

If Julian ever writes about another subject I'm interested in, his web site will be my starting point for exploring the topic.  

I've read a lot about writing and a lot about building muscle, and none of what he says conflicts with what I've learned.  In fact, he refutes a lot of common myths, including some I already knew about and some I didn't.

Even if you are a brilliant writer with years of experience I'll bet you'll find something in his writing guide to improve your writing.

Here's what I want to know:  Do you know of any other websites like his?  Where someone spends 1000s of hours to create a comprehensive, thoroughly researched and masterfully optimized guide on a subject?

There should be a directory of sites like these.  It would be priceless.

Do you have any other nominations for such a directory?
Like Comment